Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Viva la revolución! (Not!)

An Anglo-Catholic turning Roman Catholic, the Pontificator, wrote a "must read" piece. It is "must read" for ELCA-ers because the lunacy he is fleeing is the same one that has cpatured us:

Well over a year ago, Ephraim Radner declared, “I am myself convinced that we are not really dealing simply with ‘error’ and ‘false teaching’ within ECUSA. Rather, we are dealing with something akin to madness.”
I can think of no better diagnosis of the present Episcopal Church than that offered by Dr. Radner—madness! What else can explain a church that abandons its foundational theological principles and giddily jumps off the ecclesiastical cliff in an act of spiritual and institutional suicide. Like the early Bolsheviks, our Episcopal revisionists really do believe in their revolution. Damn the torpedoes! Full-speed ahead! Viva la revolución! Whatever the cost, no matter how many members are driven away, no matter how many congregations may be forced to close, no matter how many faithful priests are compelled by conscience to renounce their orders, no matter how many canon laws must be twisted and abused to rid the church of clerical dissenters, the revolution must succeed. These guys sincerely believe they are are doing the work of the Holy Spirit. They are true believers. To quote the Blues Brothers, “We’re on a mission from God!” All attempts, therefore, to effect a negotiated reconciliation within the Episcopal Church will and must fail. Two very different religions—at least two!—now inhabit one institutional body."

Read it(and the comments-especially our praying friend Karen B.'s. She and I have a meeting of the minds).

17 comments:

jon said...

college publisher textbook are so expensive. I agree, We have been looking for college publisher textbook all night for a new college publisher textbook class but havent been able to track down used college publisher textbook that I can afford. Anyway, I enjoyed looking at you college publisher textbook blog...

jon

Enlargement said...

Alot of interesting comments on this blog, I was searching for some doctor related info and some how came across this site. I found it pretty cool, so I bookmarked. I'll really liked the second post on the front page, that got my attention.

My site is in a bit different area, but just as useful. I have a arizona laser hair removal related site focusing on arizona laser hair removal and mens health related topics.

jon said...

After we paid for our kids summer camp new hampshire we found it tough to recover! I totally agree with you!

Anonymous said...

I just added your laser hair removal machine blog to my book marks and will be checking back often

I have a laser hair removal machine site. It's a membership site about laser hair removal machine related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

adsense_cash said...

now that's a blog... nice work kimosabee.. u should go daddy domain registration partner on your own web site a instead of here!

Tom Naka said...

Keep it up. I enjoy your nice blog. check out my health insurance lead montana
site. It pretty much covers health insurance lead montana
related stuff.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a **WEB HOSTING** site/. It pretty much covers WEB HOSTING related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

usa said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.But here you can find woman looking for sexTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Your message on consolidation is great! I have a site on consolidate debt keyword qoclick.com
Your readers might find interesting. You can check it out at: http://www.apexconsolidation.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a hosting shared web site. It pretty much covers ##WEB HOSTING## related stuff.

We have business and personal web hosting packages. No setup fees. Low cost domain registration, SSL certificates, merchant accounts and web design.

Come and check it out if you get time.

Anonymous said...

This blog is great! If you get a chance you may want to visit this seo facts
site, it's

pretty awesome, too!

woman looking sex said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.I have Site where you can Find sex partnerTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog! Ilike it.But here you can find woman looking for sexTake a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

Greg said...

This site is great, nice job!!

I have a SEO info site. It is about submit yahoo zeal DMOZ
articles and stuff.

Drop by when you can, nice site here!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nice blog on art publisher. It is always nice to locate an information source like this one. If you need some more resources, I invite you to our site which has lots of fresh information on art publisher . Thanks...

Anonymous said...

This blogstuff is great just looking around yours I have one too wedding plan website dedicated to wedding plan

unixlinux said...

Informative blog... Please visit the international collection agency blog.

The good ship ELCA...

The good ship ELCA...
Or the Shellfish blog...